The Air Ministry issued bulkhead panel lights installed in the Bomb Aimer, Navigator and Engineer's position on the Avro Lancaster were originally manufactured in solid brass but as the War in Europe progressed and essential materials became scarcer, production switched to the cheaper, mass-produced Bakelite resins.
This rare, original WWII brass-cased 5c/366 Mk 2 Cockpit Lamp bears its Air Ministry engraved rotatable/extendable cap and wiring loom and comes complete with an original Air Ministry 5c/725 Dimmer Switch.
Add a bulb, battery and connect the two together and you have an amazing, original WWII desk lamp.
What a special gift for the aviation enthusiast in your life! - An original, WWII Avro Lancaster Air Ministry, Bulkhead Light and Dimmer Switch mounted in their 100yr old Mango Wood Display Stand with engraved plaque, printed and laminated Fact Sheet plus a highly detailed, custom built Scale Model of this iconic British Bomber, perched atop its magnetic display arm!
* Please note that this original Recovery Curios Aircraft Display is also available in a Super Detailed, Large Scale 1/48 version with some astounding and simply awesome detail. Click on the ‘1/48 Scale Model Option' at the top of this page to order.
These Avro Lancaster Instruments come complete with detailed Scale Model, Mango Wood Stand & Plaque plus Printed Fact Sheet featuring photo of instruments in the aircraft cockpit.
Return to Avro Lancaster MAIN PAGE
Your Avro Lancaster 5c/366 Mk 2 Cockpit Lamp and 5c/725 Dimmer Switch, Original Recovery Curios Warbird Collectable includes:
- Highly detailed hand-built and airbrushed 1/72 or Super Size 1/48 Scale custom-built scale model of the aircraft
- Original Warbird instrument
- Hand-crafted and beautifully finished 100yr, Far North Queensland Mango Wood display stand
- Detailed, 2-sided, printed and laminated Instrument Fact Sheet detailing aircraft and instrument
- Removable Magnetic Display Arm
The heavily detailed scale model is available with wheels & flaps up or down and bomb bays open or closed. Upon order placement you will receive an email asking for your preferred configuration.
Your complete Recovery Curios Original Instrument Collectable is securely packed and delivery normally takes between 4 - 6 weeks approx..
Did you fly, crew or maintain an Avro Lancaster or have a friend, colleague or family member who did? Check out our PERSONALISED ORIGINAL INSTRUMENT COLLECTABLE OPTION here.