Installed directly in front of the pilot's control column, the Lancaster's Sensitive Altimeter displayed altitude up to 35,000 ft using 3 pointers.
The first and longest indicated 100's of feet, the second indicated 1000's of feet, along the outer scale, and the third and smallest indicated 10,000's of feet. on the inner scale. The knob is used to adjust the altimeter to the barometric pressure as displayed in the small window at the 6 o'clock position.
* Please note that this original Recovery Curios Aircraft Display is also available in a Super Detailed, Large Scale 1/48 version with some astounding and simply awesome detail. Click on the ‘1/48 Scale Model Option' at the top of this page to order.
This Avro Lancaster Instrument comes complete with detailed Scale Model, Mango Wood Stand & Plaque plus Printed Fact Sheet featuring photo of instrument in aircraft cockpit.
Return to Avro Lancaster MAIN PAGE
Your Avro Lancaster Mk XIVA 6A 3380 Kollsman, Air Ministry Altimeter, Original Recovery Curios Warbird Collectable includes:
- Highly detailed hand-built and airbrushed 1/72 or Super Size 1/48 Scale custom-built scale model of the aircraft
- Original Warbird instrument
- Hand-crafted and beautifully finished 100yr, Far North Queensland Mango Wood display stand
- Detailed, 2-sided, printed and laminated Instrument Fact Sheet detailing aircraft and instrument
- Removable Magnetic Display Arm
The heavily detailed scale model is available with wheels & flaps up or down and bomb bays open or closed. Upon order placement you will receive an email asking for your preferred configuration.
Your complete Recovery Curios Original Instrument Collectable is securely packed and delivery normally takes between 4 - 6 weeks approx plus postage.
Did you fly, crew or maintain an Avro Lancaster or have a friend, colleague or family member who did? Check out our PERSONALISED ORIGINAL INSTRUMENT COLLECTABLE OPTION here.