With a ceiling height of 35,000ft and installed above the Lancaster Navigator's desk, this Avro Lancaster Mk IXVI Navigator's Altimeter features the additional I.C.A.N (International Commission on Aviation Navigation) certification - which was the international aviation body established in 1922 to set international navigation standards for aviation navigation, crew training and instrument calibration.
Like all WWII instrumentation, this Altimeter was serviced and re-approved for continued service after the close of hostilities.
The small knob at the bottom of the Altimeter allowed for more accurate correction and is fully functional. The gauge is in excellent condition with a clear face and original unmarked covering glass face.
Combined with a highly detailed custom built scale model of the iconic Avro Lancaster, beautifully finished Mango Wood Stand and Plaque and a high quality printed and laminated Fact Sheet detailing the aircraft and the instrument's function including a photo of it in position, this would make a fantastic original gift for any aviation enthusiast.
* Please note that this original Recovery Curios Aircraft Display is also available in a Super Detailed, Large Scale 1/48 version with some astounding and simply awesome detail. Click on the ‘1/48 Scale Model Option' at the top of this page to order.
This Avro Lancaster Instrument comes complete with detailed Scale Model, Mango Wood Stand & Plaque plus Printed Fact Sheet featuring photo of instrument in aircraft cockpit.
Return to Avro Lancaster MAIN PAGE
Your Avro Lancaster Mk XIVI ICAN Navigator's Altimeter, Original Recovery Curios Warbird Collectable includes:
- Highly detailed hand-built and airbrushed 1/72 or Super Size 1/48 Scale custom-built scale model of the aircraft
- Original Warbird instrument
- Hand-crafted and beautifully finished 100yr, Far North Queensland Mango Wood display stand
- Detailed, 2-sided, printed and laminated Instrument Fact Sheet detailing aircraft and instrument
- Removable Magnetic Display Arm
The heavily detailed scale model is available with wheels & flaps up or down and bomb bays open or closed. Upon order placement you will receive an email asking for your preferred configuration.
Your complete Recovery Curios Original Instrument Collectable is securely packed and delivery normally takes between 4 - 6 weeks approx plus postage.
Did you fly, crew or maintain an Avro Lancaster or have a friend, colleague or family member who did? Check out our PERSONALISED ORIGINAL INSTRUMENT COLLECTABLE OPTION here.