Much like the Douglas C-47 Skytrain, the Douglas A-26 Invader's two Pratt & Whitney R-2800-27 radial engines each drove independent generators for the aircraft's primary electrical supply and batteries.
The aircraft also carried what had become commonly known as a 'putt-putt' Auxiliary Power Unit (APU) which as a small petrol powered generator housed towards the tail and used for start up and ground maintenance work.
Two large, 300 ampere Ammeters and a Voltmeter were installed in front of the aircraft's throttle controls to monitor draw and power generation.
This Douglas A-26 Invader Instrument comes complete with detailed Scale Model, Mango Wood Stand & Plaque plus Printed Fact Sheet featuring photo of instrument in aircraft cockpit.
Return to Douglas A-26 Invader MAIN PAGE
Your Douglas A26 Invader WWII USAAF Type E-1 Ammeter, Original Recovery Curios Warbird Collectable includes:
- Original Warbird instrument
- Highly detailed hand-built and airbrushed 1/72 plastic scale model of the aircraft,*
- Hand-crafted and beautifully finished 100yr, Far North Queensland Mango Wood display stand
- Detailed, 2-sided, printed and laminated Instrument Fact Sheet detailing aircraft and instrument
- Removable Magnetic Display Arm
* Upsize to the more highly detailed 1/48 scale for just $45. Click on the 1/48 Scale Option at the top of the page.
Both the 1/72 and larger 1/48 scale custom built and airbrushed plastic models are available with 'wheels & flaps up or down' and 'canopy open or closed' options with a choice of two Squadron markings and camouflage.
Upon order placement you will receive an email asking for your preferred configuration.
Your complete Recovery Curios Original Instrument Collectable is securely packed and delivery normally takes between 4 - 6 weeks approx.
Did you fly, crew or maintain a Douglas Invader or have a friend, colleague or family member who did? Check out our PERSONALISED ORIGINAL INSTRUMENT COLLECTABLE OPTION here.