Installed in the F-100D Super Sabre, the Type V-8 Gyro Magnetic compass relied on a rapidly spinning gyroscopic disc whose rotation interacts with the earth’s rotation until its axis of rotation was parallel to the Earth’s enabling it to give an extremely accurate pilot heading.
Located just below the aircraft's Artificial Horizon at the centre of the control panel, this model was produced in 1953 by the Kerfoot Company for the USAF and also bears a service stamp date of 1962. The knurled dial orientation knob fully rotates the display dial and the unit is in excellent condition for a Vietnam combat veteran.
This F-100D Super Sabre Instrument comes complete with detailed Scale Model, Mango Wood Stand & Plaque plus Printed Fact Sheet featuring photo of instrument in aircraft cockpit.
Return to F-100 Super Sabre MAIN PAGE
Your F-100D Super Sabre Gyro Magnetic Compass Original Recovery Curios Warbird Collectable includes:
- Original Warbird instrument
- Highly detailed hand-built and airbrushed 1/72 plastic scale model of the aircraft.*
- Hand-crafted and beautifully finished 100yr, Far North Queensland Mango Wood display stand
- Detailed, 2-sided, printed and laminated Instrument Fact Sheet detailing aircraft and instrument
- Removable Magnetic Display Arm
The 1/72 scale hand-built and airbrushed plastic model is available with 'wheels & flaps up or down' and 'canopy open or closed' options with a choice of two Squadron markings and camouflage.
* Upgrade to the more highly detailed 1/48 scale for just $35
Upon order placement you will receive an email asking for your preferred configuration.
Your complete Recovery Curios Original Instrument Collectable is securely packed and delivery normally takes between 3 - 4 weeks approx.
Did you fly, crew or maintain a F-100 Super Sabre or have a friend, colleague or family member who did? Check out our PERSONALISED ORIGINAL INSTRUMENT COLLECTABLE OPTION here.