The first USAF ‘swept-wing’ fighter/bomber to see action in the Koerean War, the F-86 Sabre jet carried some of the most advanced instrumentation of its time.
Mounted just in front of the pilot's control column, below and between the Sabre’s Altimeter to the right and Mach Airspeed Indicator to the left, the Bulova Type G-1 Load Meter kept track of the aircraft's tremendous current draw.
In 1951, the Australian Commonwealth Aircraft Corporation (CAC) secured a licence agreement to build their own F-86 Sabre swapping the US built General Electric J47 for the more powerful Rolls-Royce Avon RA7 engine - known as the Avon Sabre.
** The model depicted above is the 1/48 large scale Australian Avon F-86 Sabre but purchasers can opt for one of either 3 different USAF configurations and colour schemes or 2 versions of the Avon Sabre - all with options of wheels up or down, airbrakes open or closed and cockpit open or closed.
This F-86 Sabre Instrument comes complete with detailed Scale Model, Mango Wood Stand & Plaque plus Printed Fact Sheet featuring photo of instrument in aircraft cockpit.
* Note that this Spitfire Instrument is pictured with a 1/48 scale model rather than the standard detailed, but smaller 1/72 scale. Click on the ‘Model Upgrade' option at the top of this page for the larger 1/48 scale.
Return to Sabre Jet MAIN PAGE
Your F-86 Sabre Jet Load Meter, Original Recovery Curios Warbird Collectable includes:
- Original Warbird instrument
- Highly detailed hand-built and airbrushed 1/72 plastic scale model of the aircraft.*
- Hand-crafted and beautifully finished 100yr, Far North Queensland Mango Wood display stand
- Detailed, 2-sided, printed and laminated Instrument Fact Sheet detailing aircraft and instrument
- Removable Magnetic Display Arm
The 1/72 scale hand-built and airbrushed plastic model is available with 'wheels & flaps up or down' and 'canopy open or closed' options with a choice of three USAF Squadron markings and camouflage or two variations of the Australian Avon Sabre markings.
* Upgrade to the more highly detailed 1/48 scale for just $35
Upon order placement you will receive an email asking for your preferred configuration.
Your complete Recovery Curios Original Instrument Collectable is securely packed and delivery normally takes between 3 - 4 weeks approx.
Did you fly, crew or maintain a F-86 Sabre or have a friend, colleague or family member who did? Check out our PERSONALISED ORIGINAL INSTRUMENT COLLECTABLE OPTION here.