This rare Western Instruments, Dual Amp/Voltmeter was installed in the early carrier-launched, F4U Vought Corsair on the starboard instrument panel just below the aircraft's Fuel and Cyclinder Head pressure gauges.
With a small 'press-button' at the bottom left of the instrument's dial, the Corsair pilot could determine both the Amps and Volts available to him.
This original F4U Corsair, Weston Inst, Dual Amp/Volt Meter, with its highly detailed, custom-built model of this iconic War in the Pacific USN fighter perched above its 100yr old Mango Wood display stand, is guaranteed to be a talking point for many generations to come.
* Note that this F4-U Collectable is pictured with a 1/48 scale model rather than the standard detailed, but smaller 1/72 scale. Click on the ‘Model Upgrade' option at the top of this page for the larger 1/48 scale as displayed here.
This Vought F4U Corsair Instrument Collectable comes complete with detailed Scale Model, Mango Wood Stand & Plaque plus Printed Fact Sheet featuring photo of instrument in the aircraft's cockpit
Return to Vought F4U Corsair MAIN PAGE
Your F4U Vought Corsair Dual Amp/Volt Meter, Original Recovery Curios Warbird Collectable includes:
- Original Warbird instrument
- Highly detailed hand-built and airbrushed 1/72 plastic scale model of the aircraft,*
- Hand-crafted and beautifully finished 100yr, Far North Queensland Mango Wood display stand with moulded black, manikin head.
- Detailed, 2-sided, printed and laminated Instrument Fact Sheet detailing aircraft and instrument
- Removable Magnetic Display Arm
*An upgrade to the larger and more detailed 1/48 scale model is also available in the hand-built and airbrushed plastic version for an additional $45 (Click on the 1/48 scale option)
Both the 1/72 & 1/48 scale hand-built and airbrushed plastic models are available with 'wheels & flaps up or down' and 'canopy open or closed' options with a choice of two Squadron markings and camouflage.
Upon order placement you will receive an email asking for your preferred configuration.
Your complete Recovery Curios Original Instrument Collectable is securely packed and delivery normally takes between 4 - 8 weeks approx.
Did you fly, crew or maintain a Vought Corsair F4U, or have a friend, colleague or family member who did? Check out our PERSONALISED ORIGINAL INSTRUMENT COLLECTABLE OPTION here.