The wooden framed and fabric covered Hawker Hurricane was the RAF’s primary fighter at the outbreak of WWII and was instrumental in halting the Luftwaffe’s bombing of Britain.
Designed and built by the Hawker Aircraft Ltd of England and their sister plant in Canada, the Hawker Hurricane was one of the first mass-produced monoplane designed, British single-seat fighters of the 1930s–40s.
Often overshadowed by the sleeker, faster and more heavily armed Supermarine Spitfire, the Hawker Hurricane soon became the workhorse of British Fighter Command and surprisingly, succeeded in claiming the largest number of air victories during the Battle of Britain where it accounted for almost 55% percent of the 2,739 Luftwaffe losses compared with 42% claimed by the Spitfire.
The Hurricane served in almost every combat theatre of WWII from the Middle East and Russian Front to the Indian Frontier and South Pacific.
Installed alongside the Hurricane’s Volt Meter on the aircraft’s port cockpit wall, this original 1939 issued, Hawker Hurricane 5A/1630 Amp Meter is a Battle of Britain veteran.
This Hawker Hurricane Instrument comes complete with detailed Scale Model, Mango Wood Stand & Plaque plus Printed Fact Sheet featuring photo of instrument in aircraft cockpit.
* Note that this Hawker Hurricane Instrument is pictured with a 1/48 scale model rather than the standard detailed, but smaller 1/72 scale. Click on the ‘Model Upgrade' option at the top of this page for the larger 1/48 scale.
Return to Hawker Hurricane MAIN PAGE
Your 1939, Hawker Hurricane 5A/1630 Amp Meter, Original Recovery Curios Warbird Collectable includes:
- Original Warbird instrument
- Highly detailed hand-built and airbrushed 1/72 plastic scale model of the aircraft,* or 1/72 scale Die-Cast model
- Hand-crafted and beautifully finished 100yr, Far North Queensland Mango Wood display stand
- Detailed, 2-sided, printed and laminated Instrument Fact Sheet detailing aircraft and instrument
- Removable Magnetic Display Arm
*An upgrade to the larger and more detailed 1/48 scale model is also available in the hand-built and airbrushed plastic version for an additional $35 (Click on the 1/48 scale option)
Both the 1/72 & 1/48 scale hand-built and airbrushed plastic models are available with 'wheels & flaps up or down' and 'canopy open or closed' options with a choice of two Squadron markings and camouflage.
While the 1/72 scale Die-Cast Hurricane model comes with a 'wheels up or down' option, the canopy is sealed and the Squadron markings and camouflage are preset.
Upon order placement you will receive an email asking for your preferred configuration.
Your complete Recovery Curios Original Instrument Collectable is securely packed and delivery normally takes between 3 - 4 weeks approx.
Did you fly, crew or maintain a Hawker Hurricane or have a friend, colleague or family member who did? Check out our PERSONALISED ORIGINAL INSTRUMENT COLLECTABLE OPTION here.