Mounted just forward of the Hawker Hurricane's IFF antenna, the Hurricane's Morse Code ‘Spine Lamp’ featured a fuselage flush-fit housing around a clear teardrop lens over a white transmitting bulb.
The Hurricane's pilot operated a small cockpit wall-mounted, morse code sender key to communicate to other fighters nearby when radio silence was required.
The underside of this lamp carries the Air Ministry ‘AM & Crown’ markings denoting a manufacture prior to the end of 1943. Beneath the Air Ministry stamp is the Ref No. 5C/914 which is repeated around the end of the bakelite bulb screw mounting.
This Hawker Hurricane Collectable comes complete with detailed Scale Model, Mango Wood Stand & Plaque plus Printed Fact Sheet featuring photo of instrument in aircraft cockpit.
* Note that this Hawker Hurricane Collectable is pictured with a 1/48 scale model rather than the standard detailed, but smaller 1/72 scale. Click on the ‘Model Upgrade' option at the top of this page for the larger 1/48 scale.
Return to Hawker Hurricane MAIN PAGE
The underside of this Hawker Hurricane Morse Code Light carries the Air Ministry ‘AM & Crown’ markings denoting a manufacture prior to the end of 1943. Beneath the Air Ministry stamp is the Ref No. 5C/914 which is repeated around the end of the bakelite bulb screw mounting.
Your Hawker Hurricane Morse Code Communication Light, Original Recovery Curios Warbird Collectable includes:
- Original Warbird instrument
- Highly detailed hand-built and airbrushed 1/72 plastic scale model of the aircraft or 1/48 scale model
- Hand-crafted and beautifully finished 100yr, Far North Queensland Mango Wood display stand
- Detailed, 2-sided, printed and laminated Instrument Fact Sheet detailing aircraft and instrument
- Removable Magnetic Display Arm
*An upgrade to the larger and more detailed 1/48 scale model is also available in the hand-built and airbrushed plastic version for an additional $35 (Click on the 1/48 scale option)
Both the 1/72 & 1/48 scale hand-built and airbrushed plastic models are available with 'wheels & flaps up or down' and 'canopy open or closed' options with a choice of two Squadron markings and camouflage.
Upon order placement you will receive an email asking for your preferred configuration.
Your complete Recovery Curios Original Instrument Collectable is securely packed and delivery normally takes between 4 - 6 weeks approx.
Did you fly, crew or maintain a Hawker Hurricane or have a friend, colleague or family member who did? Check out our PERSONALISED ORIGINAL INSTRUMENT COLLECTABLE OPTION here.