As the standard Spitfire fighter underwent continual improvements and modifications, so did the reconnaissance versions with the P.R Mk XIII equipped with additional fuel capacity and larger cameras housed behind the pilot in the fuselage.
The Mk XI-XIVs was the first PR variants to have the option of using two vertically mounted F52 cameras with 36-inch-focal-length lens in the fuselage behind the cockpit.
This Supermarine Spitfire Instrument comes complete with detailed Scale Model, Mango Wood Stand & Plaque plus Printed Fact Sheet featuring photo of instrument in aircraft cockpit.
* Note that this Spitfire Instrument is pictured with a 1/48 scale model rather than the standard detailed, but smaller 1/72 scale. Click on the 'Model Upgrade' option at the top of this page for the larger 1/48 scale or the Super Detailed 1/32 scale Spitfire!
Return to Spitfire MAIN PAGE
Your Spitfire Mk XIVE Air Ministry Camera Cocpit Switch, Original Recovery Curios Warbird Collectable includes:
- Original Warbird instrument
- Highly detailed hand-built and airbrushed 1/72 plastic scale model of the aircraft,* or 1/72 scale Die-Cast model
- Hand-crafted and beautifully finished 100yr, Far North Queensland Mango Wood display stand
- Detailed, 2-sided, printed and laminated Instrument Fact Sheet detailing aircraft and instrument
- Removable Magnetic Display Arm
* All Spitfires can be upgraded to the larger and more detailed 1/48 Scale for an extra $35 (Click on the 1/48 scale option), or the Super Detailed 1/32 for an extra $75 (Click on the 1/32 scale option)
The 1/72, 1/48 and 1/32 scale, hand-built and airbrushed plastic models are available with 'wheels & flaps up or down' and 'canopy open or closed' options with a choice of two Squadron markings and camouflage.
NOTE: The 1/72 scale Die-Cast Spitfire model comes with a 'wheels up or down' option, the canopy is sealed and the Squadron markings and camouflage are preset.
Upon order placement you will receive an email asking for your preferred configuration.
Your complete Recovery Curios Original Instrument Collectable is securely packed and delivery normally takes between 6 - 8 weeks approx.
Did you fly, crew or maintain a Supermarine Spitfire or have a friend, colleague or family member who did? Check out our PERSONALISED ORIGINAL INSTRUMENT COLLECTABLE OPTION here.