The iconic, Supermarine Spitfire short-range, high-performance, interceptor aircraft was without doubt one of the most successful fighters used by the RAF and other Allied countries during and after World War II.
The Luftwaffe were so ill prepared to counter the extraordinary attack and turning qualities of the Supermarine Spitfire, that concerted efforts were made to destroy the main Spitfire manufacturing plants at Woolston and Itchen, near Southampton.
The first bombing raid, which missed the factories, came on 23 August 1940. Over the next month, other raids were mounted until, on 26 September 1940, both factories were destroyed with 92 people killed and a large number injured.
Fortunately for the future of the Spitfire, many of the production jigs and machine tools had already been relocated to safer areas. Built in many variants and using several wing configurations, the Supermarine Spitfire was produced in greater numbers than any other British aircraft and served in all theatres of war.
The Spitfire's electrical system consisted of an engine driven generator and cockpit mounted battery supplying power to the aircraft's electrical driven gauges and components.
Installed to the right of the Spitfire’s gunsight above the main instrument panel and directly beneath the aircraft’s Volt Meter, this original,1942 issued Supermarine Spitfire, 5A/1633 Amp Meter is a genuine WWII veteran.
This Spitfire Instrument comes complete with detailed Scale Model, Mango Wood Stand & Plaque plus Printed Fact Sheet featuring photo of instrument in aircraft cockpit.
* Note that this Spitfire Instrument is pictured with a 1/48 scale model rather than the standard detailed, but smaller 1/72 scale. Click on the 'Model Upgrade' option at the top of this page for the larger 1/48 scale or the Super Detailed 1/32 scale Spitfire!
Return to Spitfire MAIN PAGE
Your Spitfire 5A/1633 Air Ministry & Crown stamped Ammeter, Original Recovery Curios Warbird Collectable includes:
- Original Warbird instrument
- Highly detailed hand-built and airbrushed 1/72 plastic scale model of the aircraft,* or 1/72 scale Die-Cast model
- Hand-crafted and beautifully finished 100yr, Far North Queensland Mango Wood display stand
- Detailed, 2-sided, printed and laminated Instrument Fact Sheet detailing aircraft and instrument
- Removable Magnetic Display Arm
* All Spitfires can be upgraded to the larger and more detailed 1/48 Scale for an extra $35 (Click on the 1/48 scale option), or the Super Detailed 1/32 for an extra $75 (Click on the 1/32 scale option)
The 1/72, 1/48 and 1/32 scale, hand-built and airbrushed plastic models are available with 'wheels & flaps up or down' and 'canopy open or closed' options with a choice of two Squadron markings and camouflage.
NOTE: The 1/72 scale Die-Cast Spitfire model comes with a 'wheels up or down' option, the canopy is sealed and the Squadron markings and camouflage are preset.
Upon order placement you will receive an email asking for your preferred configuration.
Your complete Recovery Curios Original Instrument Collectable is securely packed and delivery normally takes between 6 - 8 weeks approx.
Did you fly, crew or maintain a Supermarine Spitfire or have a friend, colleague or family member who did? Check out our PERSONALISED ORIGINAL INSTRUMENT COLLECTABLE OPTION here.