FREE DELIVERY ON ALL PRODUCTS! - OCT ONLY ...or... LAYBY NOW FOR XMAS TO ALSO RECEIVE FREE DELIVERY!
The Bell Huey became the workhorse of the US and Australian forces in the Vietnam conflict. From landing and extracting combat troops; providing air cover for beseiged ground forces; conducting seek and destroy patrols to rescue missions and delivering supplies, the rugged helicopter flew in every weather condition - day and night.
The Type J-8 MIL-1-5-0133A Artificial Horizon provided the pilot with an all important flight reference enabling him to return to level flight quickly and easily.
The small knob in the left corner adjusted the center horizon line to the pilot's perspective.The right hand knob, when pulled, cages the gyro and returns the horizon to center line. Both operate as they should mechanically although the gyro 'Dive' & 'Climb' internal ball only turns to the correct orientation when powered up.
This is both a rare and significant piece of instrumention from a Vietnam War era Bell Huey and mounted in its 100yr old mango wood stand with large, 1/48 scale highly detailed model atop its magnetic arm, makes a fantatstic gift for any aviation enthusiast.
This Bell Huey Instrument comes complete with detailed Scale Model, Mango Wood Stand & Plaque plus Printed Fact Sheet featuring photo of instrument in aircraft cockpit.
* Note that this Huey Collectable is pictured with a 1/48 scale model rather than the standard detailed, but smaller 1/72 scale. Click on the ‘Model Upgrade' option at the top of this page for the larger 1/48 scale.
Return to Bell Huey UH-1 MAIN PAGE
Your Bell Huey UH-1 Artificail Horizon Indicator, Original Recovery Curios Warbird Collectable includes:
- Original Warbird collectable
- Highly detailed hand-built and airbrushed 1/48 plastic scale model of the aircraft.
- Hand-crafted and beautifully finished 100yr, Far North Queensland Mango Wood display stand
- Detailed, 2-sided, printed and laminated Instrument Fact Sheet detailing aircraft and instrument
- Removable Magnetic Display Arm
Upon order placement you will receive an email asking for your preferred configuration.
Your complete Recovery Curios Original Instrument Collectable is securely packed and delivery normally takes between 3 - 4 weeks approx.
Did you fly, crew or maintain a Bell Huey or have a friend, colleague or family member who did? Check out our PERSONALISED ORIGINAL INSTRUMENT COLLECTABLE OPTION here.