The Bell UH-1 was installed with a main DC generator running off the helicopter's main battery banks, charged by its single Lycoming T53-L-13B 1400 hp, turboshaft engine. This in turn, supplied the aircraft’s core electrical system needs such as instrumentation, flight controls, navigation and radios. The helicopter's Standby Generator supplied power for initial startup ignition.
The generators also ran two Inverters, which delivered AC power to the aircraft’s Giro Compass, Altitude Indicator and engine monitoring instrumentation, with the inverter output controlled from the AC Power control panel.
The Bell UH1 Huey carried two Bulova Type G-1 Load Meters located in the central control panel to the left of the aircraft’s DC and AC Volt Meters. Each monitored the power draw from the Generators and their coupled Inverters respectively.
Mounted on its 100yr old Mango wood display stand, with engraved plaque, printed and laminated Fact Sheet and a fantastically detailed 1/72 or larger 1/48 scale Bell Huey UH-1 chopper atop its adjustable magnetic arm, this original Bell Huey UH-1 Load Meter is an extremely rare piece of iconic Vietnam War era memorabilia.
This Bell UH-1 Huey Instrument comes complete with detailed Scale Model, Mango Wood Stand & Plaque plus Printed Fact Sheet featuring photo of instrument in aircraft cockpit.
* Note that this Bell UH-1 Huey Instrument is pictured with a 1/48 scale model rather than the standard detailed, but smaller 1/72 scale. Click on the ‘Model Upgrade' option at the top of this page for the larger 1/48 scale.
Return to Bell UH-1 Huey MAIN PAGE
Your Bell Huey UH-1 Bulova Type G-1 Load Meter, Original Recovery Curios Warbird Collectable includes:
- Original Warbird collectable
- Highly detailed hand-built and airbrushed 1/48 plastic scale model of the aircraft.
- Hand-crafted and beautifully finished 100yr, Far North Queensland Mango Wood display stand
- Detailed, 2-sided, printed and laminated Instrument Fact Sheet detailing aircraft and instrument
- Removable Magnetic Display Arm
Your 1/48 scale Bell Huey UH-1 is available in either US or Australian RAAF markings. Upon order placement you will receive an email asking for your preferred configuration.
Upon order placement you will receive an email asking for your preferred configuration.
Your complete Recovery Curios Original Instrument Collectable is securely packed and delivery normally takes between 4 - 6 weeks approx.
Did you fly, crew or maintain a Bell Huey or have a friend, colleague or family member who did? Check out our PERSONALISED ORIGINAL INSTRUMENT COLLECTABLE OPTION here.