The Bristol Beaufighter's Engine Starter Switches were mounted in a pair on the upper starboard cockpit wall immediately above the Aileron Trim Controls and to the right of the Morse Code Sender Key.
The Cockpit Dimmer Switch was located just under the dashboard’s overhang to the right of the Beaufighter's RPM and Side Slip Indicator gauges and enabled the pilot to reduce gauge glare during night flying operations.
The Bristol Beaufighter's Engine Start Button and Cockpit Dimmer Switch both feature the Air Ministry AM & Crown moulded into the bakelite body giving them a production date of between 1939 and 1945 after which the AM& Crown were discontinued.
The Starter Button has a Ref No: CAN 5 5C/540 and the Cockpit Dimmer Switch : 5c/724
The Starter Button spring push action works as it should as does the rotating Dimmer Cockpit Control and both items are in excellent condition
These Bristol Beaufighter Instruments come complete with detailed Scale Model, Mango Wood Stand & Plaque plus Printed Fact Sheet featuring photo of instrument in aircraft cockpit.
* Note that these Beaufighter Instruments are pictured with a 1/48 scale model rather than the standard detailed, but smaller 1/72 scale. Click on the 'Model Upgrade' option at the top of this page for the larger 1/48 scale.
Return to Bristol Beaufighter MAIN PAGE
Return to Vintage Aviation Collectables MAIN PAGE
Your Bristol Beaufighter Engine Starter Button & Cockpit Dimmer Switch Combo, Original Recovery Curios Warbird Collectable includes:
- Original Warbird instrument
- Highly detailed hand-built and airbrushed 1/72 plastic scale model of the aircraft*
- Hand-crafted and beautifully finished 100yr, Far North Queensland Mango Wood display stand
- Detailed, 2-sided, printed and laminated Instrument Fact Sheet detailing aircraft and instrument
- Removable Magnetic Display Arm
*An upgrade to the larger and more detailed 1/48 scale model is also available in the hand-built and airbrushed plastic version for an additional $35 (Click on the 1/48 scale option)
Both the 1/72 & 1/48 scale hand-built and airbrushed plastic models are available with 'wheels & flaps up or down' and 'canopy open or closed' options with a choice of two Squadron markings and camouflage.
Upon order placement you will receive an email asking for your preferred configuration.
Your complete Recovery Curios Original Instrument Collectable is securely packed and delivery normally takes between 3 - 4 weeks approx.
Did you fly, crew or maintain a Bristol Beaufighter or have a friend, colleague or family member who did? Check out our PERSONALISED ORIGINAL INSTRUMENT COLLECTABLE OPTION here.