The Vought F4U Corsair's unique ‘gull-wing’ configuration and powerful 2,000 hp, 18-cylinder Pratt & Whitney R-2800 Double Wasp radial engine made it one of the fastest single engine fighters of the war being only marginally slower than the P-47 Thunderbolt which used the same power plant.
What an incredible opportunity to own your own original, genuine instrument from this iconic WWII warbird carrier-launched fighter - the Vought F4U Corsair.
This original F4U Corsair, Engine Magneto Switch seems to be fully operational with the switch rotating easily between one or both battery sources and with its highly detailed, custom built model of this War in the Pacific USN fighter perched above its 100yr old Mango Wood display stand, its sure to be a talking point for many generations to come.
* Note that this F4-U Collectable is pictured with a 1/48 scale model rather than the standard detailed, but smaller 1/72 scale. Click on the ‘Model Upgrade' option at the top of this page for the larger 1/48 scale as displayed here.
This Vought F4U Corsair Instrument Collectable comes complete with detailed Scale Model, Mango Wood Stand & Plaque plus Printed Fact Sheet featuring photo of instrument in the aircraft's cockpit
Return to Vought F4U Corsair MAIN PAGE
Your F4U Vought Corsair 1125-10 USN Bendix - Scintilla Magneto Starter Switch, Original Recovery Curios Warbird Collectable includes:
- Original Warbird instrument
- Highly detailed hand-built and airbrushed 1/72 plastic scale model of the aircraft,*
- Hand-crafted and beautifully finished 100yr, Far North Queensland Mango Wood display stand
- Detailed, 2-sided, printed and laminated Instrument Fact Sheet detailing aircraft and instrument
- Removable Magnetic Display Arm
*An upgrade to the larger and more detailed 1/48 scale model is also available in the hand-built and airbrushed plastic version for an additional $45 (Click on the 1/48 scale option)
Both the 1/72 & 1/48 scale hand-built and airbrushed plastic models are available with 'wheels & flaps up or down' and 'canopy open or closed' options with a choice of two Squadron markings and camouflage.
Upon order placement you will receive an email asking for your preferred configuration.
Your complete Recovery Curios Original Instrument Collectable is securely packed and delivery normally takes between 4 - 6 weeks approx.
Did you fly, crew or maintain a Vought Corsair F4U, or have a friend, colleague or family member who did? Check out our PERSONALISED ORIGINAL INSTRUMENT COLLECTABLE OPTION here.