Mounted on the underside of the Vought F4U Corsair’s starboard wingtip, this WWII Red Recognition Light is one of three (others being Yellow & Green) unit identification, flush-mounted, lights which could be preprogrammed to flash the Colour Code Sequence of the day or mission to identify the aircraft as a ‘friendly’ when approaching other aircraft, or on landing.
With its plug and wiring still attached and mounted on its 100 year old mango wood display stand, complete with a highly detailed 1/72 or 1/48 scale model of this iconic fighter perched above on its removable magnetic arm, this Recovery Curios Original Aviation collectable also comes with a detailed colour printed and laminated Fact Sheet.
An amazing gift for any aviation enthusiast, this F4U Corsair Wingtip Recognition Light is an original battle hardened relic of this iconic WWII fighter and is guaranteed to become a popular conversation piece in any collection.
* Note that this F4U Collectable is pictured with a 1/48 scale model rather than the standard detailed, but smaller 1/72 scale. Click on the ‘Model Upgrade' option at the top of this page for the larger 1/48 scale as displayed here.
This Vought F4U Corsair Instrument Collectable comes complete with detailed Scale Model, Mango Wood Stand & Plaque plus Printed Fact Sheet featuring photo of instrument in the aircraft's cockpit
Return to Vought F4U Corsair MAIN PAGE
Your Vought Corsair F4U Red Wingtip Recognition Light, Original Recovery Curios Warbird Collectable includes:
- Original Warbird instrument
- Highly detailed hand-built and airbrushed 1/72 plastic scale model of the aircraft,*
- Hand-crafted and beautifully finished 100yr, Far North Queensland Mango Wood display stand
- Detailed, 2-sided, printed and laminated Instrument Fact Sheet detailing aircraft and instrument
- Removable Magnetic Display Arm
*An upgrade to the larger and more detailed 1/48 scale model is also available in the hand-built and airbrushed plastic version for an additional $45 (Click on the 1/48 scale option)
Both the 1/72 & 1/48 scale hand-built and airbrushed plastic models are available with 'wheels & flaps up or down' and 'canopy open or closed' options with a choice of two Squadron markings and camouflage.
Upon order placement you will receive an email asking for your preferred configuration.
Your complete Recovery Curios Original Instrument Collectable is securely packed and delivery normally takes between 4 - 6 weeks approx.
Did you fly, crew or maintain a Vought Corsair F4U, or have a friend, colleague or family member who did? Check out our PERSONALISED ORIGINAL INSTRUMENT COLLECTABLE OPTION here.